Tile Edit Mode
To draw tiles you need select the tile edit mode like described over here. Be sure you have a Tile Layer selected and a at least one tile.
Mouse and keyboard:
- L-Click/L-Click and drag: Paint the selected tile(s)
- R-Click/R-Click and drag: Copy one or multiple tiles. (works in the viewport and in the tile panel on the left side.)
- Delete Tile: Unselect your current brush by right klick on a empty tile. L-Click to erase the tiles you want.
Informations and tips
- Tiles have to be 32*32 pixels wide
- Tile layer can be rendered in all three render modes: normal, additive and multiply.
- R-Click and drag can be very powerful if you want to copy complete rooms.
- Borders for the walls and on the floor are tedious to place but they improve the look of a level a lot.
- Copy over similar structures can ease the pain. So place them smart ;)
- Use drop shadows at the walls to give the level a sense of depth.
- Halfway uses a multiplied layer at 75% transparency. (Don't forget to adjust the shadow layer to the same settings.)