Enemy Edit Mode
Revision as of 10:10, 17 September 2014 by Seminus
To place enemies you need to be in the "Place Enemy mode". You can only place enemies in tiles that have a walkable collision.
How you place an enemy:
- Go into the Enemy mode and select the Enemies tab on the left side.
- Select one of the enemy, lets say infested01Mechanic
- Make sure you are on the Enemy layer.
- Now place it on a free spot in the map where the collision is on walkable.
- R-Click to unselect your current enemy brush
- Now double L-Click the enemy you place before, that should open the settings mennu of this enemy.
- Set the direction it should look and click on the folder icon to load a template.
- Select the Infested01Mechanic template in this case.
- You are done. The other settings are explained further down on this page.
Mouse and keyboard:
- L-Click: Place an enemy
- D + L-Click: Delete an enemy.
- Double L-Click: Open Settings for the enemies.
- R-Click to unselect you current enemy selection
Informations and tips
- Tiles have to be 32*32 pixels wide
- Tile layer can be rendered in all three render modes: normal, additive and multiply.
- R-Click and drag can be very powerful if you want to copy complete rooms.
- Borders for the walls and on the floor are tedious to place but they improve the look of a level a lot.
- Copy over similar structures can ease the pain. So place them smart ;)
- Use drop shadows at the walls to give the level a sense of depth.
- Halfway uses a multiplied layer at 75% transparency. (Don't forget to adjust the shadow layer to the same settings.)