The balancing.json is manly used to set the overall balancing of skills and the game itself. Also it can be used to test out different balancing settings, without changing all items and weapons.
"playerDamageFactor" : 1, "enemyDamageFactor" : 1, "halfDefenseModifier" : 15, "fullDefenseModifier" : 30, "agilityDefenseAmount" : 5, "defendActionModifier" : 0, "steadyShotCooldown" : 5, "headShotCooldown" : 3, "selfHealCooldown" : 10, "shieldRemoveCooldown" : 4, "berserkCooldown" : 10, "paralyseCooldown" : 4, "revealEnemiesCooldown" : 1, "teleportCooldown" : 2, "paralyseSkillDuration" : 3, "passiveSkillMedkitBonus" : 0.33, "passiveSkillMediumRangeBonus" : 10, "passiveSkillShieldBonus" : 0.33, "passiveSkillMartialBonus" : 0.33, "passiveSkillCritChanceBonus" : 0.33, "passiveSkillHealthRegenBonus" : 0.5, "buyValueFactor" : 1.0, "sellValueFactor" : 1.0, "aimingRange" : 25, "aimingPerPoint" : 5, "critBaseBonus" : 0.1, "critBonusPerAimingPoint" : 0.1, "aimingModifierBaseBonus" : 20, "aimingModifierPerAimingPoint" : 3, "stimpackLimit" : 5, "aimingRepeatBonus" : 5, "aimingRepeatModifierBonus" : 10
Please note the % values are sometimes in % and sometimes in float. Be careful which is which. ;)
- playerDamageFactor: Multiplier for all Player related damage.
- enemyDamageFactor: Multiplier for all AI related damage.
- halfDefenseModifier: Sets the cover bonus in % for halfCovers.
- fullDefenseModifier: Sets the cover bonus in % for full Covers.
- agilityDefenseAmount: The bonus the agility skill is giving per point.
- defendActionModifier: Deprecated. Does nothing anymore
- steadyShotCooldown: In turns.
- headShotCooldown: In turns.
- selfHealCooldown: In turns.
- shieldRemoveCooldown: In turns.
- berserkCooldown: Cooldown In Turns
- paralyseCooldown: In turns.
- revealEnemiesCooldown: In turns.
- teleportCooldown: in turns
- paralyseSkillDuration: How long the paralyse skill is working in turns.
- passiveSkillMedkitBonus: How much better the output is for a medkit in %. (0-1 range).
- passiveSkillMediumRangeBonus: How much the assulrifle bonus is for Lannis. (in %).
- passiveSkillShieldBonus: The bonus in % for Schaffer on the shield strenght. (translate from 0-1)
- passiveSkillMartialBonus: The S13 close combat bonus in % (translate from 0-1)
- passiveSkillCritChanceBonus: The Jenna passiv skill in % on crits damage chance. (translate from 0-1)
- passiveSkillHealthRegenBonus: How many HP this skills regens per turn.
- buyValueFactor: Multiplier for the costs in the store (buy values)
- sellValueFactor: Mulitplier for the cost in the store (sell values)
- aimingRange: The range from -x to +x the aiming skill can go from 0 to 10 when leveling up.
- How this works: A character with the aiming skill of 0 would get a -25 mali in this case and a character with 10 would get a 25 bonus.
- The steps per skill point are set below.
- aimingPerPoint: The ammount of hitchance bonus you get per aiming skill point. (Please note it should always be the aimingeRange/10)
- critBaseBonus: The basic critical hit chance all characters have (Note: weapons bring their share to this value too) in % (translates from 0-1)
- critBonusPerAimingPoint: How much more hit chance bonus you get per skill point on aiming.
- aimingModifierBaseBonus: The base value that you get as bonus if you use a second AP to aim on a target.
- aimingModifierPerAimingPoint: 'The bonus you get per skill point on aiming on the second AP aiming bonus from above.
- stimpackLimit: How many stim packs a character can use until the negativ effects are hitting.
- aimingRepeatBonus: This bonus value in % that you get if you shoot at the same target again.
- aimingRepeatModifierBonus: This is the bouns in % if you hit the same target again but also uses a second AP to hit it.