Based in Hamelin, Germany
April 11 2019
Pathway is a strategy adventure game featuring turn-based combat and unique story encounters. Explore temples, tombs and the desert wilderness in a grand pulp adventure!
The year is 1936... In a time of global turmoil, Nazi influence spreads inexorably across Europe and the Middle East. Rumors are abound of secret excavations and mysterious artifacts, not to mention the odd whisperings and tales of gruesome occult rituals...
It's up to you to assemble a team of bold adventurers, and journey through the deserts, explore bunkers, and temples of Northern Africa to discover their hidden treasures and secrets before they fall into the hands of Nazi forces. You and your companions must work together to overcome overwhelming odds - the fate of the world depends on it!
You haven't heard this one before...
Every campaign is generated when it begins, so no two adventures will ever be the same! You never know what's around the next corner - so stay on your toes! Even the most seasoned adventurers can uncover new and exciting discoveries.
Adventures full of mystery
Journey into the unknown and uncover hidden secrets, treasures, characters, and events which have been buried away. There's a wealth of discoveries to be found, and surprises to excite you throughout each adventure!
Learn from your mistakes
In Pathway, defeat isn't necessarily the end of your adventure. Characters will retain their experience after defeat, so players can invest into building a team which will get progressively stronger! There's even rare equipment and advanced skills and abilities to unlock for every adventurer.
Pathway has been in development since 2014. Moving on from our last project, we spent a lot of time refining and testing core gameplay mechanics to improve on our previous experience making Halfway. Additionally, we've invested significant work in developing a custom hybrid voxel/pixel technology that allows a unique, immersive visual experience with dynamic lights and shadows. It's always been our goal to take the charm of the old classics and give it a modern twist. Pathway is our next step on this journey.
- Dynamic Adventures - Discover 5 different campaigns of varying difficulty, with each and every attempt generating a new web of encounters and unique storyline.
- Tough Choices - Every explored location presents you with one of over 400 hand-crafted story events. Search the well? Save the villagers? It's up to you!
- Decisive Conflicts - Use cover and positioning in exciting turn-based squad combat. Learn to make the best use of your equipment and your team’s abilities, to vanquish a relentless foe, in ruthless and clever ways!
- Build your team of Adventurers - Each of Pathway’s 16 unlockable characters has their own skills, weaknesses and quirks, from the almighty melee strength of Brunhilda, to rifle expert daredevil Jackson, and knife-wielding huntress Shani.
- Hidden Treasures - Unearth riches untold, from common weaponry to rare and unique items with special abilities. Perfect your load-out and cash-in on your high-value treasures for a tidy profit.
- Thrilling Visuals - Classic 16-bit pixel art enhanced with unprecedented depth, lighting and shadows using Pixel/Voxel Hybrid Technology.
- Recover and Replay - Sometimes failure is the best path to winning. Progressively explore the procedurally generated world, and grow stronger and learn more with each defeat, taking your loot with you even after death.
- With soundtrack by the critically-acclaimed composer, Gavin Harrison of Halfway fame!
- Playable in English, German and French. Chinese and Japanese localisations coming soon!
Release Trailer YouTube
Gameplay Preview YouTube
Logo & Icon
The game has a steam page at: store.steampowered.com.
Robotality is an independent game development studio which was founded in co-operation with Nia Schmidheiny at the beginning of 2013. Our headquarters are in Germany, however we work with people from all over the world.
More information on Robotality, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Matthew "Leth" Griffin