Based in Hamelin, Germany
April 11 2019
Explore the strange unknown with Pathway, a strategy adventure set in the 1930s great wilderness. Unravel long-forgotten mysteries of the occult, raid ancient tombs and outwit your foes in turn-based squad combat!
The year is 1936... In a time of global turmoil, Nazi influence spreads inexorably across Europe and the Middle East. Rumors are abound of secret excavations, mysterious artifacts, and even the odd whisperings and tales of gruesome occult rituals...
It's up to you to assemble a team of bold adventurers to journey through the desert. Explore bunkers and temples of Northern Africa to discover their hidden treasures and secrets before they fall into the hands of Nazi forces.
Adventurers Wanted (v1.1) Update!
Adventurers Wanted is a free update to Pathway which introduces exciting changes and all new content to the game.
- Tactical Improvements: The update adds 18 new unlockable character abilities, bringing a range of new tactical options to the combat! Tweaks have also been made to the game's AI, as well as general gameplay balance changes.
- More To Explore: The update adds numerous new adventure-specific events to better flesh out the story context. A lot of existing events have been reworked to present more interesting (and dangerous!) choices.
- New Loot System: The loot and item system has been reworked to be more rewarding and satisfying!
- New Combat Arenas: Adds more variety in combat scenarios including farms, airfields, nubien pyramids and other fun surprises.
- New Languages: Pathway will also be playable in Chinese and Japanese! (Already playable in English, German and French).
Pathway has been in development since 2014. Moving on from our last project, we spent a lot of time refining and testing core gameplay mechanics to improve on our previous experience making Halfway. Additionally, we've invested significant work in developing a custom hybrid voxel/pixel technology that allows a unique, immersive visual experience with dynamic lights and shadows. It's always been our goal to take the charm of the old classics and give it a modern twist. Pathway is our next step on this journey.
- Dynamic Adventures - Discover 5 different campaigns of varying difficulty, each attempt generating a new web of events...
- Tough Choices - Events often present a brief, hand-crafted 'choose-your-own-adventure' story. Search the well? Save the villagers? It's up to you!
- Decisive Conflicts - Use cover and positioning in exciting turn-based squad combat. Learn to make the best use of your team's abilities and equipment in order to defeat the enemy!
- Build your team of Adventurers - Each of Pathway’s 16 unlockable characters has their ownset of skills and quirks which can impact combat and story encounters.
- Hidden Treasures - Trade-in your high-value loot in order to upgrade your team's arsenal with increasinly rare weapons and armor.
- Thrilling Visuals - Classic 16-bit pixel art enhanced with unprecedented depth, lighting and shadows using Pixel/Voxel Hybrid Technology.
- Recover and Replay - Experiment with different team combinations until your foes have been vanquished!
- With soundtrack by the critically-acclaimed composer, Gavin Harrison of Halfway fame!
- Playable in English, German, French Chinese and Japanese!
Release Trailer YouTube
Gameplay Preview YouTube
Logo & Icon
The game has a steam page at: store.steampowered.com.
Xbox Game Pass for PC
It's also available on the Microsoft Windows store and included with Xbox Game Pass for PC! Store Page: microsoft.com.
Robotality is an independent game development studio which was founded in co-operation with Nia Schmidheiny at the beginning of 2013. Our headquarters are in Germany, however we work with people from all over the world.
More information on Robotality, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Matthew "Leth" Griffin
Additional UI Art