Based in Hamelin, Germany
Pathway is a strategy adventure game featuring turn-based combat and unique story encounters. Explore temples, tombs and the desert wilderness in a grand pulp adventure!
THE YEAR IS 1936 ...
It is a time of global unrest as German military influence is spreading throughout Europe and the Middle East. Rumors of frantic excavations and strange artifacts, not to mention ghastly occult rituals, have begun to surface across secret communication channels.
THEY TOOK OUR FRIEND ...
Morten has vanished. The Nazis took him because he interfered with their occult research. We have to rescue him before it's too late. And afterwards, who knows what other adventures await?
Pathway has been in development since 2014. Moving on from our last project, we spent a lot of time refining and testing core gameplay mechanics to improve on our previous experience making Halfway. Additionally, we've invested significant work in developing a custom hybrid voxel/pixel technology that allows a unique, immersive visual experience with dynamic lights and shadows. It's always been our goal to take the charm of the old classics and give it a modern twist. Pathway is our next step on this journey.
- Thrilling Visuals - Classic 16-bit pixel art enhanced with unprecedented depth, lighting and shadows using Pixel/Voxel Hybrid Technology.
- Dynamic Adventures - No two adventures are the same; each campaign generates a new procedural map and a different set of unique story encounters.
- Tough Choices - Every location you visit presents a new hand-crafted story event to explore. Search the well? Save the villagers? It's up to you!
- Decisive Conflicts - Use cover and positioning in exciting turn-based squad combat. Learn to maximize your items and abilities, as well as your team members' strengths, in ruthless and clever ways!
- Hidden Treasures - Discover rare artifacts to unlock new content and adventures! Recruit from 16 unique companions, each with their own starting equipment and skill trees!
- With soundtrack by the critically-acclaimed composer, Gavin Harrison of Halfway fame!
Pathway Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
The game has a steam page at: store.steampowered.com.
Robotality is an independent game development studio which was founded in co-operation with Nia Schmidheiny at the beginning of 2013. Our headquarters are in Germany, however we work with people from all over the world.
More information on Robotality, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Matthew "Leth" Griffin