Based in Hamelin, Germany
22. July, 2014
Halfway is a turn-based strategy RPG taking place a few hundred years into the future. Humanity has begun to colonise new worlds and until now, they were alone… In Halfway, you take control of a small team of survivors faced with a violent invasion onboard the colonial vessel Goliath. As their leader you will guide them through the dark and cramped corridors of the ship to slowly take back the control. If you have any hope of surviving, you’ll have to fight, face your fears and outsmart the enemy!
Halfway is Robotality's first "big" project. In the beginning of 2013, Stefan and Simon sat down together and started working on a small prototype, which came close to a good mix of the strategy and role-playing games they love to play themselves. They put much of the focus of the game on atmosphere and story, combined with a love for attention to detail. Halfway was finished after a development period of about a year and was released successfully on July 22, 2014 on the Humble Store, as well as on Steam with Chucklefish as a publisher.
- Tactical turn-based battles are at the core of Halfway. Use cover, position, equipment and skills to your advantage in your battles.
- Unique characters: Your team is formed of unique characters you pick up along the way. Each one of them brings their own story, skills and experiences to the journey.
- Find yourself in the middle of an engrossing story-line. Step by step you’ll uncover the mysterious events that took place and what it means for you and all of humanity.
- Immerse yourself in 10-14 hours of gameplay in a beautiful pixel art environment with a lovely atmospheric soundtrack by Gavin Harrison.
- Mod support: Map Editor and full (optional) Steam Workshop support for your own custom campaigns and missions.
Release Trailer YouTube
Michael Rose playing Halfway YouTube
Mod Tools Preview YouTube
Devlog #1 YouTube
Logo & Icon
- ""Hope You've Got Room For More Turn-Based Strategy, PC Gamers. [...]I grabbed it earlier today and can't stop playing""
- Luke Plunkett , Kotaku, Website
- ""Halfway is essentially the indie XCOM""
- Michael Rose , Indiegames.com, Website
- ""Mein Taktik-Geheimtipp für diesen Sommer!"
"My secret tactic game recommendation for this summer!""
- Matti Sandqvist, PC Games Germany, Website
- ""Yet there's something to be said for the way in which this foreboding game uses style to convey substance, pushing you from one battle to the next so that you might shed light on a chilling galactic mystery.""
- Daniel Starkey , Gamespot, Website
- ""[...]Halfway has some considerable charm. I so love its mood and its detail. The heft of a critical sniper shot that smears an enemy into dust.""
- Marsh Davies , RPS, Website
- ""Mit wenigen Mitteln viel zu erschaffen - auf künstlerischer Ebene bekommt Entwickler Robotality das hervorragend hin. Ich war ziemlich überrascht, wie sehr mich diese düstere Sci-Fi-Atmosphäre in ihren Bann zieht."
"Getting a lot created with only a few resources - on the artistic level, Robotality, the developer did an excellent job. I was surprised, how much this dark scifi atmosphere captured my imagination.""
- Christopher Reimers , Gamestar, Website
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Release Blog Post
The blog-post through which this game was released is available at robotality.com.
Robotality is an independent game development studio which was founded in co-operation with Nia Schmidheiny at the beginning of 2013. Our headquarters are in Germany, however we work with people from all over the world.
More information on Robotality, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Art/Game Design, Robotality
Code/Game Design, Robotality
Thomas 'Cyangmou' Feichtmeir
Intro/Extro art, Freelancer
AI Code, Freelancer
Additional Game Design